Women Lawyers of Charlotte
WLC‘s mission is to foster professional and social relationships among the diverse group of women lawyers in our community, while promoting equality, advancement and opportunity for women through events, programs, mentorship, education and community outreach.
More than 150 members enjoy the benefits of WLC in fostering professional and social relationships. WLC members have a diverse range of practice areas, years of practice, talents, and interests. WLC is growing all the time!
WLC hosts regular luncheons and events with dynamic speakers from our local community and beyond. WLC is dedicated to promoting equality, advancement, and opportunity for women through events and programming.
WLC creates space for members to learn and share practice tips and demonstrate thought leadership with membership. Members partner with area non-profits to provide donated items and services.
WLC members are involved in and support the Charlotte community. WLC hosts regular events to engage members and create opportunities for professional and personal growth. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events.
In Honor of Women’s History Month, Women Lawyers of Charlotte will cohost a Sexual Harassment, Gender Discrimination, and Employment Law CLE Panel with MCB & Charlotte Women’s Bar\
Panelists from different backgrounds, practice areas, and perspectives will engage in a discussion about how to prevent, identify, address, and remedy sexual harassment and gender discrimination in the workplace.
When: Thursday, March 7, 2019 from 11:45 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Janice Reznick is the Deputy General Counsel for Wells Fargo’s employment law section. Janice reports directly to the General Counsel and is the head of the entire employment division. Her responsibilities include Employment Counseling and Litigation, Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits and Retirement.
- Meredith Jeffries, Member, Alexander Ricks PLLC: Meredith has more than two decades of experience in the area of labor and employment law, and offers Alexander Ricks’ clients comprehensive transactional, counseling, training, and litigation services with respect to all aspects of the employer/employee relationship.
- Missy Owen, Tin Fulton Walker & Owen: Missy represents clients in state and federal criminal courts across North Carolina, handling cases ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. Missy has particular expertise in sex offense cases, where she has represented clients in the pre-indictment phase, at trial, and on appeal.
- Chris Strianese, Strianese Huckert LLP: Chris has spent his entire career litigating employment cases. At Strianese Huckert, he represents the victims of discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Assistant City Attorney Dana Cuberson: Dana serves as legal counsel to the Charlotte Department of Transportation and provides legislative support. She advises on matters pertaining to constitutional issues, policy/constitutional litigation, and arts and cultural projects. She also provides legal counsel to several quasi-judicial boards.
|CLE Credit: 1.5 General |
Fees: $50 WLC Rate
$75 Member Early Bird Rate
$90 Member Regular Rate
$95 Non Member Early Bird Rate
$110 Non Member Regular Rate
$10 Lunch only
Mail: 2850 Zebulon Ave., Charlotte, NC 28208
|Location: Bar & Foundation Center |
2850 Zebulon Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28208
|Special Info: 11:45 a.m.: Registration + Lunch |
12:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. CLE Training